With the Pay Others option you can deposit funds into almost any bank account in the country - whether its held with Westpac, or not. Use Pay Others instead of a cheque when you need to deposit money into somebody else's account.
- Pay funds to accounts you hold at other institutions, like loan accounts
- Deposit money into family and friends' accounts
- Pay bills to smaller businesses which are not part of the Bill Pay system, like tradesmen, instead of using a cheque
- Schedule the payment up to 90 days in advance
What information will I need?
To complete a Pay Others transaction you will require the following details from the individual or company receiving the payment:
- BSB - usually a six digit code that identifies the bank and branch the account is held in and
- Account number - identifies the actual bank account of the individual receiving your money
- If you have paid a particular individual or company previously using Online Banking, then there is no need to re-enter their BSB and Account number. Just select that individual or company from the relationship list provided
- For payment to Westpac accounts, make sure you complete it before 3:00 p.m., on banking days, for same-day processing. Anything entered after 3:00 p.m., on banking days, will be processed on the next banking day.
- For payment to accounts in another bank, payment will take 1 day to process if completed before 3pm., on banking days. If payment completed after 3pm on banking days, payment will take up to 2 days to process.
- Scheduled payments can be changed or cancelled up to one business day before the scheduled date
- If you accidentally pay the wrong individual or company it doesn't mean you have lost your money. In general you have the legal right to recover money paid in error and we can help by providing an official transcript of the payment