COVID -19 update - Westpac FIJI
A message to our customers
Your financial and personal wellbeing and that of our people remain our priority. Here are the various ways we’re here to help you.
- Updated details on our customer support assistance package (PDF 170KB) (as of October 2020). This new version provides further clarification on product types eligible for COVID-19 support package.
- Our branch, Instores and ATM network are still available. We are keeping our people safe to make sure we’re able to help you when you need it.
- Mobile banking and Internet Banking remains a safe and secure way of accessing your accounts all day, every day using your desktop, mobile or tablet.
- If you do not have Mobile Banking or Internet Banking set up, you can call our friendly call centre team on 132 032.
- We understand that COVID-19 (Coronavirus) may be creating uncertainty or financial pressure for some of our customers, especially those who run businesses. Our Relationship Managers are on hand to help your business through this time, including via phone. We will continue to help provide essential services to our customers and the economy.
Information about visiting our branches
We love serving you in our branch and we are taking all necessary precautions to protect the health and safety of our people and customers.
As a precautionary measure, and as per the advice of health authorities, you may see the following changes in our branches:
- Our branch staff may be wearing face masks and gloves as they serve customers.
- Our teams may conduct temperature checks of customers as they come in.
- Our teams may ask you to come into the branch and be served in groups or batches to limit the number of people inside branch premises.
We have also enhanced our cleaning procedures and ordered further stock of sanitisers in an effort to protect our staff and our customers against COVID-19.
Customers, we kindly ask:
- if you are experiencing flu like symptoms (cough, fever, shortness of breath);
- if you have come into close contact or live with someone who has a confirmed case of COVID-19;
- if you have travelled from or through mainland China, South Korea, Iran, Italy, USA, All of Europe including UK in the last 14 days;
- if you live with someone who has travelled through mainland China, South Korea, Iran, Italy, USA, All of Europe including UK in the last 14 days;
that you refrain from visiting us in branch today and instead let us assist you via Internet banking at westpac.com.fj or our mobile banking app.
If you do not have internet banking set up, you can call our friendly Call Centre team on 132 032.
Thank you in advance for your understanding.
Support for your business
Here to help businesses facing the financial impact of COVID-19
Our Relationship Managers are here to help our business customers impacted by COVID-19. If you are experiencing related disruption to trade and cash flow, please reach out to your Relationship Manager and find out what they can do to help.
COVID-19 support measures may include:
- Fee free redraws
- Business loan deferred repayments up to 3 months
- Option to extend Business Loan term by up to 3 months
- Restructuring and consolidating loans
- Access to term deposit funds without reduction in interest rate
- Deferred payments for Business Credit Cards
- $0 establishment fee for equipment finance loans
Continuity planning for your business
We appreciate your business may be disrupted by COVID-19 and your customers and employees potentially impacted. We have put together steps and resources that may help you to act at a time when you may have to make significant decisions.
Where do I find the latest advice on COVID-19
The situation surrounding COVID-19 (Coronavirus) is uncertain and changes regularly. Keeping up to date with government responses and knowing what you can do to look after yourself and family, your people and your business really helps.
|What’s available.||Where to go for more information.|
|World Health Organisation
Q&A on COVID-19.
|World Health Organisation
COVID-19 advice for the public: Myth busters.
|Fiji Ministry of Health||Visit:
|PNG Ministry of Health||Visit:
|The Reserve Bank of Fiji||
Note: The Reserve Bank of Fiji (RBF) has tightened foreign exchange controls effective 2 April 2020 in light of the adverse impact of COVID-19. This information may impact many of our commercial customers. Visit the RBF website above for more information or read the full details from the RBF’s Media Release.
Here are also some tips that may help:
If you have staff help them take care of themselves – keep updated on the latest health information.
Manage as much of your banking online and through the Westpac App, available 24/7.
Tips for your business:
Think about where your business risks might come from – trade and cash flow disruption through supply chain challenges, sick staff, general downturn, for instance. Our Coronavirus support measures for business may help you mitigate those risks.
Talk to your relationship manager or adviser about your cashflow, your leave entitlement exposure, and investment plans.
Things you should know
This information does not take your circumstances into account. Read the relevant terms and conditions before making a decision. Unless otherwise specified, the products and services described on this website are available from Westpac Banking Corporation ABN 33 007 457 141 AFS Licence No. 233714. Conditions and fees apply.
Westpac Banking Corporation ABN 33 007 457 141, incorporated in NSW Australia. The liability of its members is limited.