Student Account (Youth & Tertiary Account)
Features and benefits
- Youth under the age of 18 and students under the age of 23 are eligible to apply
- No monthly account service fee1
- Receive 6 free electronic and 1 free paper withdrawal per month
- Access to Online Banking or Telephone Banking
Minimum opening balance for both accounts is $10.00.
|Monthly account service fee||Nil|
|Electronic withdrawal (after monthly allowance)||$0.35|
|Paper withdrawal (after monthly allowance)||$2.00|
Opening an account
You'll need to complete our 100 point identity check. The main forms of identification are:
- Birth certificate or passport
- Another form of photo identification - driver's licence or local superannuation card.
Other forms of identification may also be acceptable. Visit your local branch or call 132 032 for more information.
You may have already provided necessary identification. Visit your local branch to get started.
Simply speak to a Banking Representative by calling 132 032.
Things you should know:
Account access is restricted when a customer is under 12. Fees and charges may be payable. Terms and Conditions apply. These may be varied, or new Terms and Conditions introduced in the future. Daily transactional limits apply.
1. We may require proof of your eligibility for a Westpac Student Account. If you do not satisfy the eligibility requirements, we may convert the Westpac Student Account into another account. We will inform you prior to account conversion.